Create and manage a free blog
WordPress is a blog hosting service with multiple plans including a limited free option. The service uses WordPress, the open-source content management system that is used by 30% of the top 10 million websites.
- The good
- Free hosted WordPress blog.
- Many themes are available (free and paid).
- Easy to use and customize.
- The bad
- Plugins are only available for the Business plan.
- Monetization is only supported on the Business plan.
- The free plan is very limited.
Create a blog with WordPress
Click the " Visit " button above and it will take you to the WordPress website and once you are on the site follow the following steps:
- Click " Get started " after that, it will ask you to enter an email address, a username, and a password.
- Then, you will be prompted to name your blog, choose an area of interest and a goal for your blog.
- Next, you will choose a domain name for your blog, there is a free subdomain option that ends with ".wordpress.com" or other paid domains.
- Finally, you will choose a hosting plan from four offered plans, which are:
- Free, the free option is very limited but might be enough if all you need is a personal blog or a simple webpage.
- Personal, $4 per month billed yearly.
- Premium, $8 per month billed yearly.
- Business, $25 per month billed yearly.
- After you choose a plan, you will be taken to the blog management interface from there you can start creating and publishing content for your blog.
Google Blogger vs WordPress
When it comes to free blog hosting, the biggest competitor to WordPress is Google Blogger the free blog hosting service from Google.
Both platforms are great for beginners, really easy to use with different themes and widgets to add to the blog.
The only disadvantage of WordPress free blog is that it is not compatible with AdSense, the Google ads service, that is considered the best monetizing platform for the bloggers, you can use WordAds if you have a custom domain on WordPress free blog.
Visit WordPress today to learn more about the platform and try making a free blog for yourself, just click the visit button above.
Rate the app