HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
Reasons you’ll love HandBrake
- Convert video from nearly any format.
- Free and Open Source.
- Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac and Linux).
Built-in Device Presets
Get started with HandBrake in seconds by choosing a profile optimised for your device, or choose a universal profile for standard or high quality conversions. Simple, easy, fast. For those that want more choice, tweak many basic and advanced options to improve your encodes.
Supported Input Sources
Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.
- File Containers: .MP4(.M4V) and .MKV.
- Video Encoders: H.265 (x265 and QuickSync), H.264(x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, VP8, VP9 and Theora.
- Audio Encoders: AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis.
- Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, E-AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, AAC and MP3 tracks.
Even more features
- Title / chapter and range selection.
- Batch Scan and Queueing of encodes.
- Chapter Markers.
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT).
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding.
- Support for VFR and CFR.
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling.
- Live Static and Video Preview.
- Last update2017-04-10
- RequiresWindows 10,Windows 7,Windows 8