Disk drive bench-marking tool
CrystalDiskMark is a free and open source disk drive benchmark tool for Windows machines, the tool will perform copy operations in order to measure copy rate. Download CrystalDiskMark by clicking the download button.
- The good
- Free and open source.
- Easy to use.
- Customizable tests.
- The bad
- It does not contain any explanations regarding test results.
CrystalDiskMark user interface contains three options on the top,
- The first option is to choose the number of passes for each test, it ranges from 1 to 9 with the default value at 5.
- The second option is the size of the data, it ranges from 50MiB to 32GiB.
- The third option is the drive selection drop-down menu.
There are two types of tests that can be performed by the utility, which are:
- Seq، preforms large operation each at a time (sequentially).
- 4KiB، performs small random operations.
Each test will contain two numbers, for example, 4KiB Q32T1, where Q stands for Queues and T stands for Threads those two parameters can be changed by going to Settings => Queues &Threads.
After the setup is done you can start the test by clicking the All button to perform all the test or click on individual test for a single test. The result will appear on the space next to the test for writing and reading, the result will be in MB/s.
A good article that explains how to interpret the results is found here.
- Free and open source software.
- Simple and easy to use user interface.
- Support for a large number of languages other than English.
- Tests can be customized by the user in terms of size and the number of passes.
To get the latest version of CrystalDiskMark with a direct and fast download link via Downzen, then click on the download button on this page.
Another choice is to visit the official page of the CrystalDiskMark and download it from there.
- Last update2019-06-25
- RequiresWindows XP+
Rate the app