VirtualBox is a free and open-source hosted hypervisor for x86 computers and it is currently being developed by Oracle. It is a virtualization solution which enables running more than one operating system at once which makes it easy to run software designed for other systems on the current OS.
- The good
- Hardware virtualization is not required.
- Easy to use.
- Free and open source.
- The bad
- USB 3.0 is not supported.
VirtualBox is your best choice for virtualization software especially because it's free and open-source with support of a large community behind it. The software is available for Windows, Linux, Solaris, and macOS.
- Portable. VirtualBox runs on the same files across different platforms, so a virtual machine you created on Windows, can also run from a Linux host.
- Hardware virtualization is not required. VirtualBox will not require processor features like the Intel VT or AMD-V.
- Seamless integration between host and guest OS. Guest Additions enable shared folders, seamless windows, and 3D virtualization.
- Hardware support. Virtualbox supports Guest multiprocessing (SMP), USB devices, Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI), multi-screen resolutions, and Built-in iSCSI.
- Snapshots. VirtualBox saves different snapshots of the virtual machine allowing users to revert to them.
- Remote machine access. The VirtualBox Remote Desktop Extension (VRDE) enables access to run virtual machines remotely.
Download the latest version of VirtualBox 7.0.2 right here in Downzen, just click the download button above for a fast and direct download link.
- Last update2022-10-31
- RequiresWindows XP and up
- CategoryFree Developer Tools/ Virtualization