Open-source media player
SMPlayer is a free media player for Windows and Linux with built-in codecs that can play almost all video and audio formats, which means you don't need to install external codecs.
- The good
- Integrated codecs.
- The ability to search and download translations directly.
- Ability to watch YouTube videos from the player itself.
- The ability to change the player's skin.
- The bad
- It does not contain built-in tools for editing and converting video and audio.
SMPlayer has a simple and easy-to-use interface, but the most notable feature is its ability to remember and resume playback from the moment you stopped a media file using the same settings and the same volume.
Another great thing about SMPlayer is the integrated codecs, this way you don't need to search for and install the codecs separately!
Do you want a media player that can play YouTube videos directly? Look no further, with SMPlayer's YouTube browser tool you can enjoy your local videos and watch YouTube videos on the interface.
Support a large number of video and audio formats
SMPlayer can run many popular formats using the built-in codecs, including:
- MPEG-1 (VCD) and MPEG-2 (SVCD/DVD/DVB) video.
- MPEG-4 ASP in all variants including DivX ;-), OpenDivX (DivX4), DivX 5 (Pro), Xvid.
- MPEG-4 AVC aka H.264.
- Windows Media Video 7/8 (WMV1/2).
- Windows Media Video 9 (WMV3) (using x86 DLL).
- RealVideo 1.0, 2.0 (G2).
- RealVideo 3.0 (RP8), 4.0 (RP9) (using Real libraries).
- Sorenson v1/v3 (SVQ1/SVQ3), Cinepak, RPZA and other QuickTime codecs.
- DV video.
- Intel Indeo3 (3.1, 3.2).
- Intel Indeo 4.1 and 5.0 (using x86 DLL or XAnim codecs).
- VIVO 1.0, 2.0, I263 and other H.263(+) variants (using x86 DLL).
- MJPEG, AVID, VCR2, ASV2 and other hardware formats.
- various old simple RLE-like formats.
- MPEG layer 1, 2, and 3 (MP3) audio.
- AC3/A52, E-AC3, DTS (Dolby Digital) audio (software or SP/DIF).
- AAC (MPEG-4 audio).
- WMA (DivX Audio) v1, v2.
- WMA 9 (WMAv3), Voxware audio, ACELP.net etc (using x86 DLLs).
- RealAudio: COOK, SIPRO, ATRAC3 (using Real libraries).
- RealAudio: DNET and older codecs.
- QuickTime: Qclp, Q-Design QDMC/QDM2, MACE 3/6 (using QT libraries), ALAC.
- Ogg Vorbis audio.
- VIVO audio (g723, Vivo Siren) (using x86 DLL).
- alaw/ulaw, (ms)gsm, pcm, *adpcm and other simple old audio formats.
Play YouTube videos
Using YouTube browser tool you can search for YouTube videos and play them on SMPlayer directly.
Change player skin
Don't like the default skin? ... Don't worry SMPlayer has many other skin styles available for free.
You can search for and download subtitles directly from the opensubtitles.org website.
There are many advanced options, such as video and audio filters, adjustment of playback speed, adjustment of synchronization between audio and video and many more.
Available in multiple languages
SMPlayer is available in several languages thanks to the efforts of several volunteer translators.
SMPlayer can run on Windows and Linux operating systems. It is also compatible with Windows XP / Vista / 7/8/10 versions.
The source code for SMPlayer is available on SourceForge.
Download SMPlayer for Windows
Download the latest version SMPlayer 18.10.0 with a direct and fast download link via Downzen click on the download button on this page.
- Last update2018-11-09
- RequiresWindows 2000,Windows 2012,Windows 10,Windows 98,Windows XP,Windows 8,Windows 2003,Windows 2008,Windows Vista,Windows 7
SMPlayerThe SMPlayer Project