The best disk analyzer
WinDirStat is an open source disk analyzer software for Windows systems, it is used mainly to analyze the disk usage and to recognize which folders consume much of the disk space. Download WinDirStat now by clicking the download button on this page.
- The good
- Data displayed visually.
- Easy to use and accurate.
- Ability to clear Recycle Bin.
- The bad
- No option to search for duplicate files.
Whatever is your disk drive space you will eventually run out of space, when this happens you will need a comprehensive report about your storage usage. You can spend all day doing it manually or you can use WinDirStat and do it in a minute or two! This software will tell you which folders occupy the most space. This will make it easy for you to choose which folders to delete or move to an external drive.
What makes WinDirStat the best disk analyzer?
For many reasons we believe that WinDirStat is your best option to analyze disk usage in a Windows system, those reasons are its speed, ease of use, accuracy and open-source nature, but one important reason is its visual representation for the storage, this feature, for example, is missing in TreeSize Free, the visual representation makes it easier for you to recognize what types of folders consume more space than other in an intuitive manner.
Compared, for example, to a program of the same category such as SpaceSniffer, one can easily notice that WinDirStat offers a better report and also uses a better visual representation.
- Capable of Scanning the entire disk in minutes.
- Ability to Scan external disks and flash drives.
- Nice visual representation of the reported data.
- Display folders and thier contentes in a the upper section of the main window.
- Clears the Recycle Bin with a one button click.
- Support for many languages such as French, Spanish, Italian and Germen.
- Ability to customize the colors of the report.
Download the latest version of WinDirStat
To get the latest version of WinDirStat 1.1.2 with a direct and fast download link via Downzen click on the download button on this page.
- Last update2017-09-22