Free Download Manager (FDM)
Free IDM alternative
Free Download Manager (FDM) is one of the best free alternatives to Internet Download Manager (IDM). FDM is fast, lightweight and compatible with Internet browsers for seamless operation. Download Free Download Manager for Windows now by clicking the download button on this page.
- The good
- Nice and simple UI.
- Accelerates download speed.
- YouTube video download support.
- Integrated Torrent client.
- Download scheduling support.
- Download speed limiting capability.
- The bad
- Video download support is limited.
- You need to manually copy and paste YouTube links to download them.
Free Download Manager (FDM) is our choice for the best alternative to Internet Download Manager (IDM) for many reasons, but especially for its ease of use and browser integration.
Download YouTube Videos
The ability to download videos from YouTube is one of the best features of FDM. The user can download videos of different qualities or opt for a download only audio.
To download a video from YouTube, copy the URL of this video and add it to FDM by clicking the + button. The processing of the video takes a while. You can then select the download location, format, and quality of the video.
From our experience, FDM is the best free solution for downloading YouTube videos.
Built-in Torrent downloader
By default, FDM includes an integrated Torrent client, making it a complete station for all your download needs. To use the torrent downloader, simply click the + button, then select the torrent file or simply go to your favorite torrent search engine, download the file and FDM will capture it automatically.
Free Download Manager (FDM) features
- Nice and simple UIThe general appearance of FDM is nice, the buttons are placed on the top to improve clarity, and All download information is at the center of the user interface. This will give you a complete picture at a glance.
- Browser integrationFDM is compatible with all the famous Internet browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox. This feature allows FDM to catch downloads automatically.
- Ordering and filtering downloadsThe list of downloaded files can be sorted by several factors, such as name, size, date added, etc. You can also view completed or active downloads and torrent files.
- Supports for different file formatsFDM supports all types of files, whether you are downloading audio, video, or documents, not only that, you can also download files via torrent. Some types of files or small-sized files can be excluded from the settings.
- Scheduling featureYou can specify a specific date and time to download files through the scheduling feature. You can choose days of the week and specify the start and end time of the download, and the download will start automatically at the right time.
- Download YouTube playlistsThis FDM feature allows the user to download multiple YouTube videos by downloading a complete playlist. You will just need to copy and paste the link from the playlist into FDM's Add Link window. You can select all or only a few files from the playlist, and specify the download quality of all files in the playlist.
- Download YouTube video as an audio fileIn addition to downloading high-quality YouTube videos, you can also download videos in M4A or WEBM audio formats, a service you may not find in other download managers.
- Limit download speedYou can prioritize some files when downloading more than one file at the same time or control the speed of downloading files individually, limiting the number of connections, the number of concurrent files and several other options.
Free Download Manager (FDM) shortcomings
- Doesn't offer a direct download option for YouTubeAlthough FDM supports uploading videos from YouTube, you still need to copy the link to the program to start the download. unlike IDM No download icon appears next to the video.
- Video download support is limitedEven though YouTube is well supported, but you can't download videos from popular video sites like Dailymotion, Vimeo or even Facebook.
Download Free Download Manager (FDM) for Windows
Get the latest version of Free Download Manager 22.214.171.12412 for Windows with a direct and fast download link via Downzen by clicking the download button on this page.
- Last update2019-04-26
Free Download Manager (FDM)freedownloadmanager.org