Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is the software you need to support all Java applications and games. In addition, many applets on browsers require JRE to run.
- The good
- Requires no setup, just install it and start running Java applications.
- Sandboxing technology to protect your operating system.
- The bad
- The user interface is quite dull.
Even though Java online applets are losing ground compared to HTML5, there are still some websites that use Java, especially some online chat sites. There are also many Java applications, especially online ERB systems, which are very popular in many parts of the world.
Online ERP systems use the powerful capabilities, easy integration, and portability of Java to create great user interfaces, called web applets, that can be integrated into HTML code. For this type of application, the Java Runtime Environment must be installed in the host operating system.
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) features
- Easy and fast (look at the benchmarking result in bioinformatics.org) and do not consume much of the computer's resources.
- Sandboxing technology to isolate the software from the operating system and maximize the security level, the same technology used in Total 360 Free Security Free Antivirus.
- Runs many legacy games.
- Runs many online Java applets and ERB systems.
- Available for all operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android.
Download Runtime Environment (JRE)
Get the latest version of Runtime Environment (JRE) 8 Update 261 with a direct and fast download link via Downzen by clicking the download button on this page.
- Version8 Update 261
- Last update2020-07-15
- RequiresWindows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10