K-Lite Codec Pack Mega is the ultimate codecs pack to play video and audio files on PC. Enjoy watching videos and listening to music in all supported formats and adjust the media display with many options that suit everyone.
- The good
- Play all video and audio formats directly.
- Easy to handle media player interface.
- Control video playback with many options.
- The bad
- Too many options cause confusion for the user.
Video codecs for PC
Playing video and audio files is one of the PCs' basic functions. In order to enjoy the video playback, Windows must support all the different media formats, and here comes the simple and important function of K-Lite Codec, which contains a set of codecs and filters that help the playback of any media file on the computer. Besides packages and filters, the program has a simple and easy-to-use media player.
Download and install the K-Lite Codec Pack Mega on Windows
From the download section on the page, you can download K-Lite Codec Pack Mega for PC. The process of installing the program on Windows is slightly different. There are two methods of installation, one of which is basic and the other is advanced. In the basic installation, there are several options that can be changed in the installation process, such as:
- Choosing the default media player after installation, a list of media programs installed on Windows will appear automatically.
- Activate or disable many options related to shortcuts, the program display, and others.
- Choosing how to deal with video playback, the appropriate theme for the program interface, icons, and others.
K-Lite Codec Pack Mega interface
Once the program is installed on Windows, you will be able to play almost any video format, Media Player Classic is one of the most important elements of the program, and it is a media player with a simple, fast and easy interface compared to other players such as PotPlayer or VLC Player and others.
At the bottom, there is the control bar for the video, changing the volume of sound, etc., while a big part of the interface is dedicated to viewing media.
Control options during media playback
While playing videos through the media player, there are many control options that can be done, right-clicking on the video will show you several options such as:
- Enable repeat play or repeat play for only a single part of the video.
- Adjust the size of the video in the player to make it bigger or smaller, and adjust the dimensions.
- Control the size and location of the subtitles, change the font style, color, and so.
- Choose what happens after the video playback ends, such as shutdown, standby, etc.
The difference between the K-Lite Mega variant and the rest of the variants
There are several variants of the K-Lite player, and the Mega variant is the comprehensive variant that includes more additional tools, which you will not find in the rest of the variants of K-Lite, namely:
- DC-Bass Source Mod is a decoding tool for some high-quality audio files of rare formats.
- GraphStudioNext tool for creating and testing graphics related to DirectShow media streaming.
- Supports more codecs for some AVI video editors.
- A special filter provides more options for audio and video processing.
Features of K-Lite Codec Pack Mega
- Contains many codec packs and filters for media playback.
- Supports playback of all video and audio formats on the computer.
- A simple and easy-to-handle video player for playing all media.
- Interact with the videos while they are playing with many options.
- Works on all modern and old Windows versions as well.
- A toolkit related to filters, thumbnails, and several options.
- Adjust some functions of the program during installation steps.
You can download the latest version of the K-Lite Codec Pack Mega16.7.0 installer for playing all media formats on your PC for free from Downzen by clicking the download button on the page.