PeaZip is a free file archiver utility, based on Open Source technologies of 7-Zip, p7zip, FreeArc, PAQ, and PEA projects.
- The good
- A free program.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Lots of options for creating compressed files.
- Tabs feature to open more than one folder at the same time.
- The bad
- RAR compressed files cannot be created.
- File archive program
- How the program works
- Installing the program on Windows
- A nice and neat user interface
- Shell context menu
- Open multiple folders in tabs
- PeaZip basic functions
- Create compressed files
- Convert compressed files
- Extract data from compressed files
- Verify the status of compressed files
- Features of PeaZip for PC
File archive program
Compressed files are one of the most popular file types used on computers, due to the great benefit that facilitates the integration of many different files into one file (archive).
There are many programs that deal with compressed archive files, and one of which is PeaZipwith its many wonderful features.
How the program works
The program helps in dealing with compressed archive files, and facilitates performing many operations such as creating, modifying, extracting files and many more.
It is free and open source, and available for other systems such as Linux and Mac.
Installing the program on Windows
PeaZip is relatively small in size and does not take up storage space. After downloading the program file, it can be installed in simple steps on Windows.
During the installation, it may present you with several options such as file associations to choose the files that will become the default program to deal with.
A nice and neat user interface
The user interface of the program is familiar to the user and is very similar to Windows Explorer, and from the interface, it is possible to browse and deal with folders and files with many options, and add folders to favorites to access them very quickly.
Shell context menu
Once the program is installed on Windows, a shortcut will be added to it in the right-click menu, and you will be able to easily deal with compressed files with several options by right-clicking and choosing the appropriate tool.
Open multiple folders in tabs
The program makes it easy for the user to access a large number of files, by supporting multiple tabs in the interface, which allows opening more than one folder at the same time and moving between them easily.
PeaZip basic functions
The program's tools appear in the interface, and they are the most used tools when dealing with compressed archives, however, there are many additional tools besides the basic tools.
Create compressed files
You can select a group of files and then include them inside a compressed archive, specify the format of the compressed file and choose where to save it.
There are many other options such as setting a password or choosing the compression level and others.
Convert compressed files
There are many types of compressed archives such as RAR, ZIP, 7Z, TAR and others, and through PeaZip you can convert different compressed file formats very easily.
Extract data from compressed files
The program supports extracting files from all compressed file formats, and there are several options for extracting files such as choosing the save folder or deleting the compressed file after extracting the data and others.
Verify the status of compressed files
A great tool for checking and verifying the status of compressed files in all aspects, the scan shows the status of the archive and displays the problems if any, as well as a comprehensive report to display a lot of various information about the compressed file.
Features of PeaZip for PC
- Free and open source software available on many platforms.
- Tidy and familiar user interface that is easy to work with.
- Supports handling all formats of compressed files.
- Checks and verifies the compressed files for problems, if any.
- Adds quick shortcuts to the right-click menu.
- More than one folder can be opened at the same time.
- Create compressed files with many options.
- Supports conversion between known compressed file types.
- Extracts data from compressed files very quickly.
You can download the program to deal with compressed files with many different options, PeaZip 8.8.0 in its latest version from Downzen for free from the download section of the page.
- Last update2022-09-01
- RequiresWindows 2000,Windows 2012,Windows 10,Windows XP,Windows 8,Windows 7,Windows 2003,Windows 2008,Windows Vista,Windows 98