The firmware update for the Sony PlayStation 4 in its new version 9.0, which introduces many features and fixes related to the improvement and stability of the PlayStation 4, and this version enables players to play the newest games, and it is jailbreakable.
- The good
- Version 9.00 is jailbreakable.
- Great options for parental control of children.
- More group admin options in chat.
- Numerous improvements in speed and performance stability.
- The bad
- Games launched after this version cannot be played.
- New features in the PS4 firmware version 9.00
- The most important updates in Firmware 9.00 for PS4
- Additional updates in firmware 9.00
- Jailbreaking the PlayStation 4 system and downloading new games
- Easily update the PlayStation system via USB
- Updating the PlayStation system from Safe Mode
New features in the PS4 firmware version 9.00
Sony, the leading gaming company, continuously releases updates for the operating system of the PlayStation 4. These updates are meant to fill security holes and solve some problems that some users encounter. These updates usually bring a lot of improvements and stability to the performance of the PlayStation 4.
PlayStation system version 9.00 brings a lot of basic and additional improvements that we will explain as follows.
The most important updates in Firmware 9.00 for PS4
- Trophies of PlayStation 5 games can now be viewed from the PlayStation 4 in the list of prizes.
- In the messages section, the group owner can delete the group permanently, this means deleting a group will delete it for the rest of the members as well.
- When you block anyone, you can now choose to leave the group if you are only left with the person you blocked.
Additional updates in firmware 9.00
- On Android, iOS, or iPadOS, the PS Remote Play app can be used to access your device and play games remotely via a mobile data connection.
- When a child requests to use the community feature of a game, their parents will get a notification on the PlayStation, and the child will also get a notification if their parents accept or reject the request.
- You can now choose whether you want to receive ads and offers via your email about new products and special offers on your PlayStation 4.
Jailbreaking the PlayStation 4 system and downloading new games
With the launch of the wonderful PlayStation 5 device, it seems that Sony is no longer interested in protecting PlayStation 4 system. After jailbreaking version 6.72 some time ago, specialists were able to jailbreak version 9.00 of the PlayStation 4 system, a very new system version that will enable everyone to enjoy the latest games on their devices. Some new games also require a new version of the PlayStation 4 system, and jailbreaking the 9.00 system is a huge blow to Sony and game developers as well.
Easily update the PlayStation system via USB
You can update your PlayStation 4 firmware using a USB flash drive easily, all you have to do is to follow these steps:
1. Download the PlayStation 4 firmware
From the download section on this page, you can download the PlayStation 4 operating system file version 9.00, the size of the system file is about 467 MB. It can be downloaded with a quick and direct link, and as usual, the file name has to be renamed to PS4UPDATE.PUP regardless of the system version.
2. Set up the USB flash drive
To use a USB flash drive to update the PS4 system, you must first make sure that the flash is formatted with FAT32, which is necessary in order for the PS4 to access the files inside the flash, then follow these steps:
- Connect the USB flash drive to the computer.
- Create a new folder called "PS4"at the root of the USB flash drive.
- Inside the PS4 folder, create a new folder called "UPDATE".
- Place the PS4 system file called "PS4UPDATE.PUP" into the UPDATE folder.
3. Updating PS4
After setting up the USB flash drive and transferring the system inside it, what remains is only to start updating the PlayStation device with simple steps as follows:
- Plug the USB flash drive into the PlayStation 4.
- Go to [Settings] > [System Software Update].
- Your PlayStation 4 will automatically recognize the new system version and starts the update process.
Updating the PlayStation system from Safe Mode
If any problem appears and you are unable to update the system using the normal method, you can update the PlayStation 4 system via safe mode, which is a guaranteed method that you can do by following these steps:
- Turn off your PlayStation completely and wait until the light on the power button goes out.
- Plugin the USB flash that contains the update file.
- Press the PlayStation 4 power button for 7 seconds until you hear the turn-on sound again.
- Connect the PlayStation controller with its charging cable to be able to control the options.
- Go to the [Update System Software] section and choose Update from the USB Storage Device.
- Click on the [OK] option to confirm and start the update process directly and wait for the process to finish.
You can download the PlayStation 4 firmware version 9.00 from Downzen for free by clicking on the download button on this page.
- Last update2021-12-26
- RequiresPlayStation 4
More from publisher Sony
Sony PlayStation 4 Firmware 6.72
Sony PlayStation 4 Firmware 5.05