Sony PlayStation 4 Firmware 5.05 is a system firmware update released on January 18, 2018. Make sure your system version is below 5.05 before proceeding with the download.
- The good
- Runs homebrew apps and games.
- The bad
- Doesn't support running latest PS4 titles.
- No online gaming.
- No access to Playstation Network (PSN).
SpecterDev has jailbroken this version of the firmware. Any PlayStation 4 with the firmware below 5.05 can be upgraded to 5.05 to take advantage of the jailbreak.
How to perform the upgrade
First, make sure that you:
- Do not perform the upgrade directly after a sudden power failure; first, turn on the device and make sure it is working normally.
- Do not turn off the device during the upgrade, as this may cause system problems.
The steps for the upgrade are as follows:
- First, you need to install the firmware, you can do that by clicking the download button on this page. Make sure that the file you have is for the 5.05 version, you can verify with the MD5 checksum (f86d4f9d2c049547bd61f942151ffb55) you can use HashMyFiles to do so.
- Disable automatic update from the Internet by going to Settings –> System –>Automatic Downloads and Uploads, then uncheck both System Software Update Files and Install Automatically.
- Disable Internet on the Rest mode as well.
- Prepare a USB drive with at least 4 gigabytes of memory, format it in FAT32 and create a folder named PS4. In this folder, create another folder named UPDATE, rename the firmware file to PS4UPDATE.PUP, and then copy it to the UPDATE folder.
- Turn on the device and insert the USB memory drive.
- Go to Settings –> System Software Update.
- If everything goes as planned, you will receive a message informing you of the availability of an update. If not, be sure to follow the steps carefully.
- Click Next then follow the instructions and you are done!
Check this blog post from Wololo it has detailed instructions with screenshots.
Download Sony PlayStation 4 Firmware 5.05
Get Sony PlayStation 4 Firmware 5.05 with a direct and fast download link via Downzen by clicking the download button on this page.
- Last update2019-06-11
- RequiresPlayStation 4
More from publisher Sony
Sony PlayStation 4 Firmware 6.72