Audacity is an easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. It is rich in audio editing and analysis tools plus a multitude of plug-ins.
- The good
- Free and open source.
- Multitude of audio editing tools.
- Records sound directly from the microphone or the musical instruments.
- Vocal isolation and noise reduction.
- The bad
- Not as comprehensive as other paid software such as Adobe Audition.
Why you should download Audacity...
Audacity is considered as one of the best free professional audio editors, with it you can do audio mixing, vocal isolation and noise reduction, effects addition, and audio analysis.
It will also save you the costs of a paid music editor such as Sound Forge and Adobe Audition, if you are not doing a big project that requires sophisticated tools and dedicated support that paid software provides.
- It is free and open source.
- Records sound directly through the microphone or musical instruments such as the electric guitar.
- Ability to Digitize old music records.
- Supports mixing and isolation.
- Support cut and paste.
- It has a large set of sound effects and filters.
Discover more about Audacity by downloading the latest version Audacity 2.4.2 right at Downzen, just click the download button for a direct and fast link.
- Last update2019-05-14