WaveShop is a free and open-source basic audio editing program, with it, you can amplify, reverse, cut and merge, normalize and many other audio editing options. Download WaveShop now with a direct link by clicking the download button on this page.
- The good
- Free and open-source.
- Easy to use.
- Contains many excellent audio editing tools.
- Ability to easily convert between audio formats.
- Easily cut and mix music.
- Record audio using the mic.
- The bad
- Only English is supported.
- Only basic editing tools for the ordinary user.
WaveShop is a simple and enjoyable program for ordinary users. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License, so it can be freely shared and distributed.
The program is very useful and it supports almost all media types including AAC/MP4, MP3, FLAC, and Ogg/Vorbis.
How to cut an audio with WaveShop?
WaveShop supports copy/cut/paste/insert/delete easily using keyboard shortcuts. Follow these steps to cut music and other audio files:
- First, open the audio file you want to cut by going to File => Open or pressing the Ctrl+O keys on the keyboard, and navigate to the file location. The result should be similar to the image below.
- Then select the part of the audio you want to cut. For this you can use three methods:
- Move the mouse pointer to the starting location, press and hold the left mouse button while dragging the cursor to the end location.
- Move the mouse pointer to the starting location, right-click, select Start Selection, then place the mouse on the end location, click the right mouse button and select End Selection.
- The last method is to type the start and end timings at the specified locations, as shown in the image below.
- After that, you can go ahead and cut Ctrl+X or copy Ctrl+C the selected part of the original audio file.
- Now that you have the selected part of the audio in the clipboard, you can create a new audio file by going to File => New or by pressing Ctrl+N and exceeding the audio by clicking Ctrl+V.
- The above steps can be repeated as many times as necessary, then finally save the file you created by pressing Ctrl+S.
- Free and open-source.
- WaveShop is Easy to use and designed for the ordinary user, but for more features use Audacity.
- Clipboard: Copy/Cut/Paste/Insert/Delete to cut, merge and mix audio files.
- Very fast audio processing.
- Convert between audio types.
- Reverse, invert, amplify, normalize, and fade audio files.
- Record over an audio file using a mic.
- Extract channels to mono files.
- Insert/delete/swap channels.
- Sample rate conversion.
- Modifier les assignations d'enceintes surround.
- Find zero crossings.
Download WaveShop for Windows
To get the latest version of WaveShop 1.0.14.001 with a direct and fast download link via Downzen click on the download button on this page.
- Last update2019-07-25
- RequiresWindows XP+