Open-source differencing and merging tool
WinMerge is an Open Source differencing and merging tool for Windows. WinMerge can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that is easy to understand and handle.
WinMerge is highly useful for determining what has changed between project versions, and then merging changes between versions. WinMerge can be used as an external differencing/merging tool or as a standalone application.
In addition, WinMerge has many helpful supporting features that make comparing, synchronising, and merging as easy and useful as possible:
- Supports Microsoft Windows XP or newer.
- Handles Windows, Unix and Mac text file formats.
- Unicode support.
- Tabbed interface.
- 3-way File Comparison New!
- Visual differencing and merging of text files.
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap.
- Highlights differences inside lines.
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes.
- Location pane shows map of files compared.
- Moved lines detection.
- Regular Expression based file filters allow excluding and including items
- Fast compare using file sizes and dates
- Compares one folder or includes all subfolders
- Can show folder compare results in a tree-style view
- 3-way Folder Comparison Work in progress
- Support many types of images.
- Can highlight the differences with blocks.
- Overlaying of the pictures is possible.
- Creates patch files (Normal-, Context- and Unified formats).
- Resolve conflict files.
- Shell Integration (supports 64-bit Windows versions).
- Archive file support using 7-Zip.
- Plugin support.
- Localizable interface.
- Online manual and installed HTML Help manual.
- Last update2019-04-05
- RequiresWindows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
WinMergeThe WinMerge Development Team
Rate the app